Review Heatmap [Official thread]

Glutanimate

05 Jan, 2017 10:49 AM

This is the official support thread for Review Heatmap. Please direct all of your questions, suggestions, and support requests regarding the add-on here.

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by Glutanimate on 21 Mar, 2018 01:24 PM

@Fin:

Would these two enhancements fit the deal?:

If so, they're on my to-do list. But there's a huge backlog of other things I have to work through, so it might take a while.

@winnier:

There is no easy way to delete entries added to the review log statistics, I'm afraid. The only way to revert imported stats like these would be to manually edit Anki's database which is dangerous and something I would not recommend if you are not familiar with how databases work. There was some discussion on creating an add-on for updating these revlog entries, but to my knowledge there has been no work towards that in a while: https://anki.tenderapp.com/discussions/add-ons/1130-addon-idea-for-...

You might be aware of this already, but it's important that you tell your friend to uncheck the "include scheduling" mark when exporting decks in the future. That will avoid this issue with importing card scheduling settings and review history.

2. 32 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 21 Mar, 2018 02:37 PM

Hi

Yes Glutanimate, that would work. In addition: A gesture to not show deleted cards. Thanks!

3. 33 Posted by Glutanimate on 21 Mar, 2018 02:47 PM

@Fin:

Good idea! I've added it to the tracker: https://github.com/glutanimate/review-heatmap/issues/15. This might also help with @winnier's issue, although there would be no way to specify certain deleted decks only.

4. 34 Posted by Guillem Palau-S... on 28 Mar, 2018 05:32 PM

Guillem Palau-Salvà (contributor user)'s Avatar

HI Glutanimate, about what you said:

@winnier:

There is no easy way to delete entries added to the review log statistics, I'm afraid. The only way to revert imported stats like these would be to manually edit Anki's database which is dangerous and something I would not recommend if you are not familiar with how databases work. There was some discussion on creating an add-on for updating these revlog entries, but to my knowledge there has been no work towards that in a while: https://anki.tenderapp.com/discussions/add-ons/1130-addon-idea-for-...

Today I just deleted this reviews from revlog from the second profile (since I split my collecion into several profiles due to size limits). I did it from editing the database itself with some programming. I have seen two people asking to do this just today.

I could write an add-on to wipe out those entries from deleted cards aimed to users with no database acknowledge, although it will be harder to program. Are you planning to do it? I will wait to 2.1 version to become stable to start programming add-ons.

Cheers

5. 35 Posted by Guillem Palau-S... on 28 Mar, 2018 05:35 PM

Guillem Palau-Salvà (contributor user)'s Avatar

By the way, many thanks for this great add-on!!

Helps a lot to keep the consistency.

6. 36 Posted by mavric on 11 Apr, 2018 07:36 AM

Something really weird just happened - my streak is still showing the correct # - but the box from March 11th is showing I have zero reviews, and the box for April 11th (today, but not yet today in anki world as mine is set to 4 hours after midnight for a new day and its only 12:36am) is showing all my reviews from the 10th. It's like everything shifted forward one day leaving March 11 blank, but streaks recognizes that there were in fact reviews on that date. Any thoughts?

7. 37 Posted by Glutanimate on 11 Apr, 2018 07:45 AM

Did you move between time zones?

8. 38 Posted by mavric on 12 Apr, 2018 08:08 AM

I did not - but it's definitely getting confused by the "next day starts at" setting. I figured out between 12:00-12:59am for whatever reason the march 11 box disappears, than all the review counts get shifted forward a day until after the "next day starts at" time goes by aka 4am. I'll just ignore it during those times, but just FYI!

9. 39 Posted by Charles Black on 12 Apr, 2018 08:21 AM

That sounds like a DST problem. The shifting forward by one day is a known
    bug (anki still sees "today" as the previous day because of the new day
    setting) but it's interesting that DST affects it.

10. 40 Posted by Don on 12 Jun, 2018 07:16 PM

Hi, there.

I have Anki on two machines, one running 2.0.47 and the other running 2.0.52. Heatmap will not appear on the main screen in .52 but does appear in the other screens. All works as expected in the .47 version. Any ideas why this is happening and how I might resolve it?

Thanks.

11. 41 Posted by Don on 12 Jun, 2018 08:09 PM

Sorry! In my previous post didn't say what platform I was using. 2.0.47 is running on Ubuntu 16.04, 2.0.52 is running on Ubuntu 18.04

12. 42 Posted by Jason on 01 Oct, 2018 12:22 PM

Thanks for making this very useful add-on. :-)

Is it also supposed to work on filtered decks? I can't get it to work here.

Also the calendar sliding back and forth works only once. Jumping back to Today doesn't react either.

Any hints are greatly appreciated.

13. 43 Posted by Glutanimate on 01 Oct, 2018 02:01 PM

@Jason:

Glad you're enjoying it! :)

Yes, Review Heatmap should also work on Filtered Decks. Are you sure you've reviewed the cards in your filtered deck before? The heatmap will only show up if it can find some previous activity in the review log.

As for the sliding issue: This has been annoying me as well for a while now, but I'm happy to say that this is fixed in the upcoming 0.7.0 release.

@mavric, Don:

The next version of Review Heatmap is very close to release now. It might address some of the issues, so I think it would be best if we held off troubleshooting until now. I will make sure to post an update in this thread when the release is ready.

14. 44 Posted by bruno.abbreu on 08 Oct, 2018 10:25 AM

Hi.

How can I get this build?

A development build for 2.1 is available on GitHub, but still requires testing.

best regards!

15. 45 Posted by Trevor on 09 Oct, 2018 06:57 PM

Hey Glutanimate,

First is a thank you! Love Rev. Heatmap. Keeps me going. I am on a Mac OSX10.14 Mojave running 2.0.52 ands the heat map no longer appears on the front page/homepage. Happened two days ago. Still works on the stats pages and the front pages for each individual deck.

Ships with the following javascript libraries:

- d3.js (v3.5.17), (c) Mike Bostock, BSD license
    - cal-heatmap (v3.6.2), (c) Wan Qi Chen, MIT license

Anki v2.0.52 Qt 4.8.2 PyQt 4.9.4

16. 46 Posted by Irineu on 22 Oct, 2018 01:35 AM

Hi, I've added the add-on but is not showing the heatmap in any screen.
    If I go to Tools >> it appears "Review Heatmap Options..." I already tried to uninstall and installing again. What is the problem?

17. 47 Posted by Xu, Jiayan on 30 Apr, 2019 05:11 PM

Currently my Anki is Version 2.0.52. But when I put the mouse on each grid (that date), it doesn't show how many reviews that I have done that day. (eg. no 51 reviews on Thursday March 2019). No matter I reinstalled the add-ons nor add new decks, it cannot work.
    P.S. It does show colors, but no reviews each day

18. 48 Posted by Glutanimate on 30 Apr, 2019 05:22 PM

Hi Switch,

Sorry to hear that the tooltips aren't working for you. They work fine on all of my test systems on Windows, macOS, and Linux, so I don't know what could be the cause.

A few questions to try to narrow down the issue:

• Which operating system are you using? (macOS, Windows, Linux) And which version of it? (e.g. Windows 10, macOS High Sierra, etc.).

• If you hover your mouse over the stats or sync icon, do you see text appear? (like in the screenshot attached to this comment?)

• Which other add-ons are you using? A lot of add-ons interfere with each other, so this is important to know. (attaching a screenshot of your add-on list would be the fastest way to show this)

• Do the tooltips work in the latest beta version of the add-on? You can download the beta here: https://github.com/glutanimate/review-heatmap/releases/tag/v0.7.0-b...

You don't have to answer all questions at once if you don't have the time, but the more information I have, the more likely it is that I will be able to help you.

P.S.: It's kind of disheartening that you left a thumbs-down on the add-on without even giving me the chance to address the issue, especially given that the add-on works fine for you save for the tooltips :(

19. 49 Posted by Xu, Jiayan on 30 Apr, 2019 05:37 PM

First, My computer is macOS system. When I hover over my mouse, the text
    doesn't appear(Non functional). If I click into it, it goes into the
    browser page and shows what I have seen that day(Functional).
    When I try to download the latest beta version of the heatmap, it
    worsenes(You can see there are some black region)

-

Which operating system are you using? (macOS, Windows, Linux) And which
       version of it? (e.g. Windows 10, macOS High Sierra, etc.).
       -

If you hover your mouse over the stats or sync icon, do you see text
       appear? (like in the screenshot attached to this comment?)
       -

Which other add-ons are you using? A lot of add-ons interfere with each
       other, so this is important to know. (attaching a screenshot of your add-on
       list would be the fastest way to show this)
       -

Do the tooltips work in the latest beta version of the add-on? You can
       download the beta here:
       https://github.com/glutanimate/review-heatmap/releases/tag/v0.7.0-b...
       <https://github.com/glutanimate/review-heatmap/releases/tag/v0.7.0-beta.1>

[image: 螢幕截圖 2019-05-01 上午1.31.04.png]
    [image: 螢幕截圖 2019-05-01 上午1.34.38.png]
    [image: 螢幕截圖 2019-05-01 上午1.35.33.png]
    [image: 螢幕截圖 2019-05-01 上午1.35.41.png]

Glutanimate <[email blocked]> 於 2019年5月1日 週三 上午1:23寫道:

20. 50 Posted by Xu, Jiayan on 30 Apr, 2019 05:48 PM

21. 51 Posted by Glutanimate on 01 May, 2019 06:05 AM

OK, thanks for the screenshots. Those black regions are weird to see. As mentioned above, all of this works fine on my test systems and other macOS systems, so we'll have to find out what's up in this particular case.

Which version of macOS are you using exactly? (Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, etc.)

Also, what machine are you running macOS on? (Macbook 2016, iMac 2014, Hackintosh, etc.)

Did you try to hover over the sync icon as mentioned in the last post? Please try to place your mouse over the stats or sync icon in the top right corner of Anki's window, as shown in the screenshot below, and let me know if you can see the tooltip text appear.

Concerning the error message: I take it that error message appears when you tried to go back to the old version of the add-on? Sorry about that. That can happen sometimes when new versions of add-ons use different formats to store their configuration. These are usually only forwards-compatible and not backwards compatible.

To fix this you can purge the add-on's configuration by opening the debug console, and then running the following commands (just copy paste, and then hit Ctrl/Cmd+Enter):

del mw.pm.profile["heatmap"]
    del mw.col.conf["heatmap"]
    mw.col.setMod()

Also, another idea: Since pretty much all of your add-ons have ports for Anki 2.1, you could also consider installing Anki 2.1. Review Heatmap uses a different method to render tooltips on Anki 2.1, which might be more compatible with your system.

Once you've upgraded to 2.1 you will have to reinstall the 2.1 version of Review Heatmap (from the same link as before).

22. 52 Posted by Xu, Jiayan on 01 May, 2019 06:19 AM

Thank you a lot,i uninstalled Anki 2.0 and install 2.1 ,all problems solved
    and it can functions normally

Sorry for yesterday I left a thumbs-down on the add-on too soon. I was too
    tired and stressful yesterday,since i have some upcoming exams and I have
    already 2 days non-sleeping doing revosions.

Really sorry for my unconsiderate behavior yesterday,and thanks for you
    developing such useful add ons。

「Glutanimate <[email blocked]>」在 2019年5月1日 週三,下午2:05 寫道:

23. 53 Posted by Glutanimate on 01 May, 2019 06:38 AM

Glad to hear that upgrading to 2.1 worked! Thanks for the kind words, and no worries, I understand how frustrating it can be when things don't work, especially when you don't have a lot of time.

Would you mind updating your rating now that we've resolved the issue? I would really appreciate that.

P.S.: Best of luck on your upcoming exams!

24. 54 Posted by Xu, Jiayan on 01 May, 2019 07:02 AM

done

「Glutanimate <[email blocked]>」在 2019年5月1日 週三,下午2:39 寫道:

25. 55 Posted by Letaptim23 on 18 May, 2019 12:08 AM

Hello, I received this error after clicking into one of my decks as usual. Not sure how to handle it?

https://anki.tenderapp.com/discussions/add-ons

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "aqt\webview.py", line 152, in _linkHandler
      File "anki\hooks.py", line 61, in repl
      File "C:\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons\review_heatmap\main.py", line 184, in my_link_handler
        return _old(self, url)
      File "aqt\deckbrowser.py", line 41, in _linkHandler
      File "aqt\deckbrowser.py", line 71, in _selDeck
      File "aqt\main.py", line 726, in onOverview
      File "aqt\main.py", line 389, in moveToState
      File "anki\hooks.py", line 26, in runHook
      File "C:\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons\Progress_Bar.py", line 272, in _renderBar
        if not progressBar: progressBar, mx = pb()
      File "C:\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons\Progress_Bar.py", line 192, in pb
        ''' % (qtxt, qbg, qbr, restrictSize, qfg, qbr))
    TypeError: %d format: a number is required, not unicode

26. 56 Posted by Glutanimate on 18 May, 2019 05:52 PM

Hi Letaptim,

That issue is with Progress Bar, not Review Heatmap. But for what it's worth: It looks like one of the config variables has been set to an invalid value, probably while trying to change a setting for the add-on. Reinstalling Progress Bar should do the trick.

27. 57 Posted by Xu, Jiayan on 23 May, 2019 07:16 PM

[image: 螢幕截圖 2019-05-24 上午3.06.59.png]
    [image: 螢幕截圖 2019-05-24 上午3.09.36.png]
    I create a blank called : "reference" to help me review others notes in
    pop-up dictionary. However, I noticed the pop-up dictionary only can search
    the originally blanks from Anki.
    Eg. I search "osteoporosis" and use mouse to select "osteo", it can not
    show results. How can I do it?

P.S.1 I saw many people have negative comments regarding no effect after
    double clicking, or using hotkeys.
    I noticed that if I ever once turn on nightmode and close it afterwards,
    the pop-up dictionary would not be functional normally. So they need to go
    to the Add-ons page, and click toggle suspended. This is what I work.

P.S.2. would you develop random sequence inserter 2.1 version in the future
    ? This help me a lot when revising Anki

28. 58 Posted by Xu, Jiayan on 23 May, 2019 07:20 PM

P.S.1 Going to the Add-ons page, and click toggle suspended. This is really
    important steps. As I have tried uninstalled pop-up dictionary and restart
    it. Or simply turn off the nightmare using short key, It cannot work. Hope
    this helps

Hui, Ka Ngan <[email blocked]> 於 2019年5月24日 週五 上午3:16寫道:

> [image: 螢幕截圖 2019-05-24 上午3.06.59.png]
    > [image: 螢幕截圖 2019-05-24 上午3.09.36.png]
    > I create a blank called : "reference" to help me review others notes in
    > pop-up dictionary. However, I noticed the pop-up dictionary only can search
    > the originally blanks from Anki.
    > Eg. I search "osteoporosis" and use mouse to select "osteo", it can not
    > show results. How can I do it?
    >
    > P.S.1 I saw many people have negative comments regarding no effect after
    > double clicking, or using hotkeys.
    > I noticed that if I ever once turn on nightmode and close it afterwards,
    > the pop-up dictionary would not be functional normally. So they need to go
    > to the Add-ons page, and click toggle suspended. This is what I work.
    >
    > P.S.2. would you develop random sequence inserter 2.1 version in the
    > future ? This help me a lot when revising Anki
    >

29. 59 Posted by Glutanimate on 11 Jul, 2020 08:46 PM

Hey guys!

The Anki forums have moved to a new location, and so I've created a new support thread for Review Heatmap here. I will see if I can follow up on some of the outstanding questions in the old thread here, but for any new questions please refer to the new thread.

Thanks!

– Glutanimate

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac