Image Occlusion Enhanced [Official thread]

Glutanimate

13 Oct, 2016 12:25 AM

This is the new official support thread for Image Occlusion Enhanced (old thread). From now on please direct all of your questions about the add-on here.

Thank you!

Showing page 7 out of 9. View the first page

1. 181 Posted by ji on 31 May, 2018 05:30 PM

hi,
    I downloaded image occlusion enhanced, but it doesnt work.
    When I select an image to add a card, it shows nothing on the screen.
    Here's the screen shot of mine after adding the image to image-occlusion-enhanced.
    and when I select any of the bottom buttons such as "hide all, reveal one", an error message pops up.

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Users\����\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons\image_occlusion_enhanced\dialogs.py", line 224, in addAO
        mw.ImgOccAdd.onAddNotesButton("ao", close)
      File "C:\Users\����\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons\image_occlusion_enhanced\main.py", line 238, in onAddNotesButton
        r = gen.generateNotes()
      File "C:\Users\����\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons\image_occlusion_enhanced\ngen.py", line 81, in generateNotes
        ( svg_node, layer_node ) = self._getMnodesAndSetIds()
      File "C:\Users\����\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons\image_occlusion_enhanced\ngen.py", line 190, in _getMnodesAndSetIds
        mask_doc = minidom.parseString(self.new_svg.encode('utf-8'))
      File "xml\dom\minidom.py", line 1928, in parseString
      File "xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 940, in parseString
      File "xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 223, in parseString
    xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: syntax error: line 1, column 0

2. 182 Posted by Glutanimate on 29 Jun, 2018 11:59 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm happy to announce that the first public release of Image Occlusion Enhanced for Anki 2.1 is finally available! If you feel adventurous and would like to help with testing you can grab the latest alpha release here: https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1374772155

(Please note that the latest update is limited to Anki 2.1 for now)

Any feedback on the alpha is greatly appreciated. If you've reported any bugs with I/O in the past, chances are that they have been fixed in this release. So a confirmation on that would also be very helpful.

As far as the main changes outside of Anki 2.1 compatibility are concerned, here's an overview (as quoted from the description):

The primary focus in this release was Anki 2.1 compatibility, but v1.3.0 also comes with a number of nifty new features which I would like to highlight first:

• You can now occlude images in any note type you want, either by right clicking on them and selecting the respective option, or by using the Image Occlusion button!
    • As an added bonus: The new context menu introduced by the add-on will also allow you to open any image with your default system viewer – a great way to perform quick image editing tasks when needed.
    • The masks editor now allows you to add hints to your occlusion shapes. In order to do so, simply create a text element on top of a shape and group it with the shape.
    • You can now set a custom hotkey for invoking I/O. Gone are the days of conflicts with different keyboard locales!
    • In-app help screens now guide users through the basic use of the add-on (including how to add cards, edit them, group masks, label items, etc.)

(Some of the changes above will likely also be part of a future release of v1.3.0 for Anki 2.0.)

v1.3.0 for Anki 2.1 also comes with a plethora of bug fixes (some of the bugs fixed in this update have plagued I/O ever since its original release!):

• Fix: Automatically remove accidentally drawn shapes. This addresses instances where users would end up with more cards than they should have because of invisible shapes drawn by the oversensitive editor component (especially with touch interfaces)
    • Fix: Resolve issues with unicode characters in Anki path and/or image path. This should fix most of the problems users were experiencing with non-latin locales (e.g. the I/O editor screen remaining blank because SVG-Edit did not load, or various UnicodeError messages)
    • Fix: More robust I/O editor instantiation. Should help address some of the stability issues users experienced over longer card creation sessions (e.g. needing to restart Anki to get I/O working again).
    • and a large number of other smaller bug fixes and improvements

There also some changes to the workflow in I/O v1.3.0 that you need to be aware of:

• The default hotkey for invoking I/O is now Ctrl+Shift+O (customizable through the new settings entry)
    • The card generation options have been renamed and simplified: You can now choose between "Hide All, Guess One" (used to be "Hide All, Reveal One") and "Hide One, Guess One" (used to be "Hide All, Reveal All"). My hope with these new names is that they will be more intuitive for new users. (thanks a lot to Tiago Barroso for the suggestion!)
    • "Hide All, Reveal All" is no longer available as a mask generation option. With the mask reveal button introduced in recent I/O releases it no longer served much of a purpose and was mostly confusing new users as they expected it to work like a grouped occlusion of all shapes.

Just in case you were using this option and are now wondering how to cover the same use cases:

• In case you were using "Hide All, Reveal All" to uncover all labels on the back: Try to switch to using "Hide One, Guess One" coupled with the mask reveal button on the backside (hotkey: G)
      • In case you were using "Hide All, Reveal All" to 'group' your shapes: Use the actual grouping feature instead

For more information on the alpha please make sure to check out the description on AnkiWeb.

Looking forward to your feedback and suggestions!

Thanks,
    Glutanimate

3. 183 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 30 Jun, 2018 09:57 AM

oh man, this is great news! Absolutely great! Now i can get into beta testing as i didnt use the beta cause i rely heavily on io. This is so cool! Thank you man! Enjoy the burger i just gave you via paypal!

4. 184 Posted by Glutanimate on 30 Jun, 2018 12:30 PM

@Fin: Happy to hear that! Thank you for the kind words, and the burger :D!

Please let me know if you run into any issues.

5. 185 Posted by TerraOmnia on 05 Jul, 2018 08:01 PM

Hey,
    I'm having an issue creating more than one IO card set.
    I have to perform a specific workflow in order to create the first card set or else it doesn't save the mask.

1. Open Anki
    2. Deck is already highlighted, otherwise highlight it and restart Anki
    3. Click Add
    4. Click Image Occlusion button
    5. Image must be on clipboard, otherwise start over
    6. Create the card as you would expect to be able to
    7. Save (I'm doing "Hide One, Reveal All")
    8. Open browser and verify that card was created correctly

Any deviations from this (such as opening the browser first) results in no mask being created, but I don't find that out until step 8 as no error message appears.

6. 186 Posted by nateo on 01 Aug, 2018 09:22 AM

Hi,

Whilst I haven't used the app a great amount it looks great! I have had this idea in my head of how to quickly create flashcards from my handwritten notes. I still find it useful to write my flashcards by hand, even though I find a billion tiny bits of paper a pain in the butt to manage. I guess it creates more neural connections and is therefore easier for me to recall.

The idea that I had was to take a picture of a page and select portions of the image to create 2 sided flashcards. From what I can see your app could do this by excluding selected areas as opposed to occluding them (i.e. it masks the whole image except for the rectangle that was created - basically the reverse of what it does now). It would also need to have two sides for each card, so q "question" rectangle and an "answer" rectangle. The next step from there would be to employ some kind of algorithm for auto-generating the cards, either by image recognition or some kind of template that you could drop over the image.

I'm not too sure how many people would find this useful, but I certainly would!

Thoughts?

Nate

7. 187 Posted by Kaspase 3 on 23 Aug, 2018 01:39 AM

I tried to use the image occlusion add on to add a card to reveal all and hide all but when I hit that button I got this message:

An error occurred in an add-on.
    Please post on the add-on forum:
    https://anki.tenderapp.com/discussions/add-ons

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/Users/kks26/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons/image_occlusion_enhanced/dialogs.py", line 226, in addAA
        mw.ImgOccAdd.onAddNotesButton("aa", close)
      File "/Users/kks26/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons/image_occlusion_enhanced/main.py", line 238, in onAddNotesButton
        r = gen.generateNotes()
      File "/Users/kks26/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons/image_occlusion_enhanced/ngen.py", line 91, in generateNotes
        image_path = mw.col.media.addFile(self.image_path)
      File "anki/media.pyc", line 138, in addFile
    IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/Users/kks26/Desktop/Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 9.34.44 PM.png'

8. 188 Posted by Kaspase 3 on 23 Aug, 2018 01:51 AM

Nevermind, I fixed it

9. 189 Posted by TY on 24 Aug, 2018 06:41 PM

Hi,

Thank you so much for developing this tool! I am having a little trouble with the masks overlaying properly over the image uploaded. When I preview the card, they are always above the image. I have other formatting on all my cards so I am not sure if it is affecting the function of this add on.

10. 190 Posted by jabamboleo on 25 Aug, 2018 10:37 AM

Greetings! IO has been an inestimable help, especially when turning power point schematics into flashcards.

Yet, my image files of notes and scans may have several MBs. My collection is rather large and AnkiDroid always crashes after (successfully) syncing.
    So, after discovering the Image Resizer add-on, I looked for a way to resize my older images. I went to the media collection folder and utilized a tool to rescale all images that are higher than 400 px.

Then during review, I noticed that the masks were slightly misplaced on those cards that had formerly been larger than 400 px. Not very much, but enough to render them useless.

Is there something I have not taken into account? Any way to achieve a smaller file size while maintaining IO functionality?

11. 191 Posted by Cords of bilrot... on 29 Aug, 2018 05:52 PM

When I make I/O cards, they'll save to another deck for some reason even though I preselected the deck I wanted to include it in.

12. 192 Posted by Fin Thiessen on 30 Aug, 2018 09:56 AM

If you are in the io editor and click on fields at the top of the edotor, which Deck does it show there? Should be the one the cards got into.

Greetings

Fin

13. 193 Posted by Shamit Prabhu on 31 Aug, 2018 12:48 PM

Hey!

It shows the appropriate deck but still saves it in another one for some reason. I might try an uninstall and reinstall and see if that fixes it cause it might just be on my end.

14. 194 Posted by Braxton on 05 Sep, 2018 04:45 PM

I am unable to download Image Occlusion Enhanced add on onto my Anki. It gives me the following error. Any suggestions?

15. 195 Posted by Braxton on 05 Sep, 2018 04:50 PM

I am having trouble downloading the Image Occlusion Enhance add on via the code provided. It gives me the following error. Any suggestions on how to get this downloaded?

16. 196 Posted by Jackson on 13 Sep, 2018 07:28 PM

I am having difficulty with the Image Occulsion software. I downloaded Anki 2.1 and the 2.1 compatible version of Image Occulsion. I go through the process found in your tutorial videos about adding cards. After boxing out the appropriate areas on the card and clicking "Hide All, Guess One", I get a notification that the cards were added (the little yellow rectangle in the bottom left corner of the window, but the cards are not actually added to any deck that I can tell. I have attempted to reinstall Anki and the Image Occlusion software, but nothing has changed the situation. Do you have any suggestions?

17. 197 Posted by Filipe on 14 Sep, 2018 07:15 PM

Can two rectangles unocclude at same time?

18. 198 Posted by Jay on 18 Sep, 2018 08:38 PM

I am using Anki 2.1.4 and The alpha IO enhanced for 2.1.x. I'm trying to make cards on my Surface 4 using my touch screen. However, when I hold and drag, it tries to move the image while I am making the box. Not sure how to fix this; thanks.

19. 199 Posted by Bang on 23 Sep, 2018 04:40 PM

Hello,

I have imported cards (probably made with previous version of Image Occlusion). But here is the following error. It covers the areas that need to be covered but it's all in white color. I do not know which one it is asking.

Debug info:
    Anki 2.1.4 Python 3.6.1 Qt 5.9.2 PyQt 5.9
    Platform: Windows 10
    Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=1

Caught exception:
      File "aqt\webview.py", line 27, in cmd
      File "aqt\webview.py", line 80, in _onCmd
      File "aqt\webview.py", line 323, in _onBridgeCmd
      File "aqt\editor.py", line 282, in onBridgeCmd
      File "C:\Users\Bangity-Ryzen5\Desktop\Anki\ankidata\addons21\1374772155\main.py", line 101, in <lambda>
        lambda o=editor: onImgOccButton(o),
      File "C:\Users\Bangity-Ryzen5\Desktop\Anki\ankidata\addons21\1374772155\main.py", line 61, in onImgOccButton
        io_model = getOrCreateModel()
      File "C:\Users\Bangity-Ryzen5\Desktop\Anki\ankidata\addons21\1374772155\config.py", line 123, in getOrCreateModel
        return template.update_template(mw.col, model_version)
      File "C:\Users\Bangity-Ryzen5\Desktop\Anki\ankidata\addons21\1374772155\template.py", line 295, in update_template
        for version, components in additions_by_version:
    <class 'TypeError'>: 'float' object is not iterable

20. 200 Posted by Jen on 25 Sep, 2018 04:55 AM

I am having issues installing the add on to my Anki - I get an error message that it's not available for the version of Anki I have. I checked for updates and it seems like I have the most up-to-date version of Anki available. What should I do?

21. 201 Posted by sally on 18 Jan, 2019 08:00 PM

Hi there! I accentally deleted a couple of the fields for this add-on and now it won't work (have tried de/reinstalling, didn't help) - any ideas? thanks for any help!

22. 202 Posted by Randy on 23 Jan, 2019 07:47 PM

I am having an issue where the ID and boxes are visible under the image. Please see the screenshot attached. I have tried reinstalling the add-on and anki. Anki version 2.1.8 and image occlusion enhanced v1.3.0-alpha3.

23. 203 Posted by Al on 28 Jan, 2019 05:46 PM

I cannot copy masks, which was something that saved me a lot of time in IO on previous versions of anki. Is that going to be an available feature soon?

24. 204 Posted by Dot Dot on 09 Feb, 2019 04:07 PM

How can I use the add-on “Image Occlusion Enhanced” to revealed the occlusion SEQUENTIALLY? If I choose “Hide all, Guess one”, it cover the already answered:(... I mean, I would like to have one revealed, then two, then three... not always revealed the only one occlusion.

25. 205 Posted by soohwan moon on 11 Feb, 2019 11:12 AM

hi! I'm trying to use IO with my Anki 2.1 and something's wrong.

As shown on the youtbe videos on how to use Image Occlusion,
    I take a screenshot of a picture and box out the parts with the IO.
    Then I would press on Hide All, Reveal One, which would result in a box on the
    lower left corner saying the cards were added.
    Then I press the close button to return to the decks and Voila! No new cards added.

Even when I check in the Browse Section for "Cards Added Today"
    They are nowhere to be seen.
    Cloze and Basic and other methods work just fine.

26. 206 Posted by Braden on 27 Mar, 2019 02:19 PM

Hi, thanks for the great add on.

I'm having troubles with hotkeys on the mac. I'm switching from PC, and the hotkey "Alt+I" to switch the image works great on PC. But it doesn't work on Mac, as well as several other hotkeys.

Any suggestions?

27. 207 Posted by namethegame on 29 Mar, 2019 10:40 PM

***My Image Occlusion Crashed after 2.1 Update***

Looked through a ton of posts before posting to avoid redundancy.

Image Occlusion on Anki 2.1.11 NOT working. (Mac user) When I try to occlude an image from editor view or otherwise I get a blank image (see image). I tried all the troubleshooting options on the page u/Glutanimate made for the add on. I searched a ton of posts for similar errors and couldn't find any. (https://github.com/Glutanimate/image-occlusion-enhanced/issues_)

Really bummed it stopped working, was working so well. Anyone else having this problem? Suggested fixes?

Edit: Screenshots work. So it seems like the images that will not be occluded are the ones I try to occlude from existing images in ANKI. (see image). It is with these images that I get the blank image showing up in the image occlusion "add mode" tab. Could it be because these images are not under the same note type? Is there a way to move them?

Update: Now I cant edit cards that were made yesterday (see SVG error message) This is the error message I got when I tried to edit a previously made card.

Any tips on how to fix are appreciated! I heavily rely on this app to study so not being able to edit all my previously made cards is a bummer :/

28. 208 Posted by namethegame on 29 Mar, 2019 11:15 PM

One more update: I did see this error message as well when I tried to edit from the card. I am not sure if its a card formatting issue... what I don't understand is why this is also happening to the cards I make vs. imported decks (with potential formatting issues).

Been using this add on for a several months so really unsure why these errors are happening after the 2.1 update...if it came down to it can I revert back to the older version of anki somehow?

29. 209 Posted by anh1.van on 02 Apr, 2019 05:23 PM

[SOLVED]
    The picture attached is one good example to illustrate my question. Let's say I have a "paragraph" of fill in the blanks. If there are five sentences with totally 10 fill in the blanks, I want to create 5 flashcards (one for each sentence), instead of 10 flashcard (one for each fill-in blank). Is it possible?

30. 210 Posted by namethegame on 10 Apr, 2019 04:04 AM

New upate:

Problem still unsolved :( but trucking along. Below is an error message I got today. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!!

Debug info:
    Anki 2.1.11 (3cf770c7) Python 3.6.7 Qt 5.12.1 PyQt 5.11.3
    Platform: Mac 10.14.4
    Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=1
    Add-ons possibly involved: Image Occlusion Enhanced Alpha for Anki 21

Caught exception:
      File "aqt/progress.py", line 72, in handler
      File "aqt/browser.py", line 523, in callback
      File "aqt/browser.py", line 507, in _closeWindow
      File "aqt/editor.py", line 384, in cleanup
      File "<decorator-gen-18>", line 2, in setNote
      File "anki/hooks.py", line 74, in decorator_wrapper
      File "anki/hooks.py", line 66, in repl
      File "/Users/mjmaileh/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1374772155/main.py", line 183, in onSetNote
        self.web.eval("""$("body").removeClass("ionote");""")
    <class 'AttributeError'>: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'eval'

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac