AwesomeTTS Google Cloud Text-to-speech unofficial

Soji

12 Apr, 2020 02:14 PM

I get this error "Running the 'googletts' (Google Cloud Text-to-Speech) service failed: 'profile' attribute is required." when I try to use the text to speech, this started on 4/11/2020 after doing an update to the addon

1. 1 Posted by kelciour on 12 Apr, 2020 03:35 PM

Sorry about that. It should be fixed now. Please use Tools - Add-ons - Check for Updates to update the add-on.

2. 2 Posted by Babasoji Iledar... on 17 Apr, 2020 11:09 AM

Good Morning,

So the fix did work, however after the most recent update 2 days ago I am unable to the “AwesomeTTS” on the drop down after right clicking. Normally, it would be part of the drop down as seen in the attached screenshot.

3. 3 Posted by kelciour on 02 Jul, 2020 09:29 AM

I'm late to reply, but it appears the AwesomeTTS context menu won't be shown if there are no saved presets.

If it's still actual, please use Tools - AwesomeTTS - Advanced - Manage Presets - select a speech service and save it.

Once it's done, the AwesomeTTS context menu should be visible again.

4. 4 Posted by Rodrigo Ruffolo on 12 Jul, 2020 03:24 PM

I would like to make the HTML text on my field between "<strike> </strike>" is not read by Awesome TTS's "On-the-Fly" mode, but I was unable to do that using "<strike>. * <. strike>" and, on the left, use a" space" or a " _ ".
    Could you help me with that?

5. 5 Posted by kelciour on 12 Jul, 2020 04:43 PM

I pushed a new commit to apply custom rules before converting html to text and updated the add-on. It should work now.

In addition, _ probably can be replaced with nothing, i.e. removed, and if you have more than one <strike>...</strike>, replace greedy regex .* with non-greedy version .*?

6. 6 Posted by Rodrigo Ruffolo on 12 Jul, 2020 04:55 PM

Didn't work, but thanks for the reply

7. 7 Posted by Radorion on 12 Jul, 2020 04:59 PM

Works perfectly, thank you so much

8. 8 Posted by kelciour on 12 Jul, 2020 05:11 PM

No problem.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac