link cards/notes and preview them in extra window [Official thread]

ijg

14 Feb, 2020 05:09 PM

If you have a problem with the add-on preview card/edit note in extra window post in this thread. This way I get notified. If you make a new thread I will likely miss it.

1. 1 Posted by seojaehyeon on 02 May, 2020 03:29 AM

It's a really great add-ons.

how about copying nid or cid with prefix together? so we can just copy nid/cid button on context menu in the browse mode, and then just paste in the field in the edit mode.
    now we have to manually type the cidd or nidd as a prefix

2. 2 Posted by ijg on 02 May, 2020 07:45 AM

I like this idea. This will be in the next version which I will make this month. btw: my add-on doesn't work with the latest Anki version 2.1.24/25 at the moment. I'll update it soon.

3. 3 Posted by seojaehyeon on 03 May, 2020 02:28 AM

Hello Again. and Thank you for your reply and tell me that you will reflect it in the next update. I will wait! but...
    I used your great add-on with anki.2.23.
    But it doesn't support now suddenly. what happen?
    TT

4. 4 Posted by ijg on 03 May, 2020 09:18 AM

Thanks. I just corrected the compatibility info on ankiweb. Update your add-ons and try to enable it.

2.1.23 was only released for Macs and I don't have a Mac so the latest version before 2.1.24 for me is 2.1.22.

I didn't miss a version "2.1.23" because Anki in the past has skipped a version (2.1.16 was never publicly released) so I set the highest supported version to .22.

Does this work?

5. 5 Posted by seojaehyeon on 03 May, 2020 11:11 AM

Absolutely it works again. thank you again.
    link card is really helpful to cross check.

I owe you for your hard work.
    Thank you and take care of your health!

6. 6 Posted by seojaehyeon on 20 May, 2020 12:30 PM

Hi again.
    I've just tested you update this time. and it works great.
    You know? I'm really happy and be thankful to you.
    I think I've been really waiting all May. Check for updates from time to time HAHA.

thank you sir!

7. 7 Posted by seojaehyeon on 23 May, 2020 07:10 AM

I am here to request a context menu that is only visible in browse mode to be possible in "editor mode".
    But have you already implemented it?
    But is it not working for me?

8. 8 Posted by seojaehyeon on 23 May, 2020 07:12 AM

I am here to request a context menu that is only visible in browse mode to be possible in "editor mode".
    But have you already implemented it?
    But is it not working for me?

9. 9 Posted by ijg on 23 May, 2020 08:32 AM

my add-on only shows a context menu entry in the editor when the text you selected is relevant.

"copy cid" in the editor can be ambivalent: What if you have multiple cards for the note shown? I don't need "copy nid" because I have the add-on Ze Add note id so that I can just copy it from one field. I adjusted the config of the add-on "Ze Add note id" and set the config key "ShowFullNoteId" to "true".

It works like this:

if the selected text consists of your prefix_nid and 13 digits or if the selected text consists of 13 digits only that are the id of a note in your collection:
        show a context menu entry "open note in external window"
    else if the selected text consists of your prefix_cid and 13 digits or if the selected text consists of 13 digits only that are the id of a card in your collection:
        show a context menu entry "open card in external window"
    else:
        show no editor context menu entry

10. 10 Posted by seojaehyeon on 24 May, 2020 12:40 AM

In editor mode, I understood under what circumstances "open note / card in external window" appears on the context menu.

However, I don't understand exactly what you said in the editor mode that the copy nid / cid context menu is not needed since there is a Ze Add note id.
    I also use "Ze Add note id" for other reasons.

Isn't the ID given by Ze note not the actual note / card id? The digits are also different. I don't think I can have this and use this add-on to call it?

11. 11 Posted by ijg on 24 May, 2020 08:23 AM

I adjusted the config of the add-on "Ze Add note id" and set the config key "ShowFullNoteId" to "true". Only then the add-on will insert the actual note id that is assigned by anki into the field.

12. 12 Posted by seojaehyeon on 24 May, 2020 11:31 AM

Aha I got it and I tuned it as you told me now thank you very much.
    It's now making it much more convenient to link relationships between materials due to recent update.
    I think it will be better with only the part that can utilize "Ze Add note id" this time.
    However, for the same reason I suggested that the prefix should be included automatically when copying, I thought it would be better if it possible in Editor Mode.

I'm using the apps you've always made. Thank you

13. 13 Posted by seojaehyeon on 24 May, 2020 11:38 AM

I want to ask one more thing and suggest something.
    Is it possible to make the link technically clickable in Browse mode?

Currently, you can click Link only in preview or review mode.
    When managing data or making correlations, most of them are solved in browse mode, so this procedure is unnecessary and cumbersome.

I'm using this "link cardsnotes and preview them in extra window" for linking data between cards, and external pdf data is using the method of adding page link(made in devonthink3) to "add hyperlink (you made)"

I think it would be great if I could connect only by clicking in browse mode

14. 14 Posted by ijg on 24 May, 2020 08:21 PM

getting clickable links in the editor is much harder than in the reviewer or previewer.

you could try the latest version. When double clicking "nidd1234567890123" should open the linked note. "nidd1234567890123" is not styled as a hyperlink.

Does this work?

15. 15 Posted by seojaehyeon on 24 May, 2020 11:58 PM

It is perfect.
    Ah ... really good ...

Can Hyperlink also double-click open in browse mode?
    I am using your Add Hyperlink (https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/318752047).

It's so good from Monday morning. It will taste good to study. Thank you

16. 16 Posted by ijg on 25 May, 2020 08:28 AM

Can Hyperlink also double-click open in browse mode?

No. Creating a similar solution would be more complicated: Maybe the user has selected the whole hyperlink, parts of it, or also surrounding text. For each case I'd have to have some code as far as I see. So for the moment I'll stick to my context menu entries.

17. 17 Posted by seojaehyeon on 25 May, 2020 11:52 AM

I understand what you're concerning now.
    and I think you're right.

and my final suggestion or hope is that please add open link in context menu.

thank you for all these reply and your work I have to say that again.

18. 18 Posted by ijg on 26 May, 2020 10:01 PM

@seojaehyeon: I uploaded a new version to ankiweb. It now allows to copy the nid/cid with prefix from each editor. Could you test it, also change some default config parameters and test and let me know if it works for you. Thanks

19. 19 Posted by seojaehyeon on 27 May, 2020 12:18 AM

Well, with this update, It seems that the context menu that was previously displayed in the browse editor is not visible?

20. 20 Posted by seojaehyeon on 27 May, 2020 12:36 AM

21. 21 Posted by ijg on 27 May, 2020 09:00 AM

about the visibility in the context menu of the editor in the browser window.: The version you referred to didn't support support the add-on advanced browser which I don't use at the moment. the latest should.

22. 22 Posted by seojaehyeon on 27 May, 2020 10:29 AM

It's a bit confusing.
    Before the two updates today, as in the previous screenshot,
    In the editor of browser window, there was a copy cid / nid context menu.
    with this update, even this has become invisible.

In this update, Do you correct to make copy nid / cid context menu visiable in any window?

I'm not sure if the update didn't work, or I misunderstood what you updated and ask me to check.

sorry for about that.
    BE HAPPY with you!

23. 23 Posted by ijg on 27 May, 2020 11:06 AM

the most recent version on ankiweb should show context menu entries for "copy nid" and "copy cid" in the context menu of the editor in the add, editcurrent, browser windows if you use the default settings of the add-on. I thought that this is what you wanted.

if it does not: reset your config and restart anki. If it doesn't work:

• disable all other add-ons restart and try again: if it works then: reenable half of the add-ons restart and try again, until you find the conflicting add-on and tell me which one it is.
    • if it still doesn't work I have no idea at the moment. maybe in a few days.
  24. 24 Posted by seojaehyeon on 27 May, 2020 11:53 AM

I find the the cause.
    "Image Occlusion Enhanced for Anki 2.1 (alpha)"
    https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1374772155

after disabling Image Occlusion Enhanced for Anki 2.1 (alpha), the context menu shows as supposed to be!

25. 25 Posted by ijg on 27 May, 2020 12:43 PM

You just found a bug in Image Occlusion.

You could test this: Change the file main.py from the image occlusion folder as follows: https://github.com/ijgnd/image-occlusion-enhanced/commit/9a0229211b... (add the green lines, remove the red one).

Then restart, now it should work, does it?

If this fixes it for you I'll notify the creator of Image Occlusion about this.

26. 26 Posted by seojaehyeon on 27 May, 2020 02:52 PM

When I corrected it, both add-ons of Image Occlusion and Link cards work fine.
    Above all, my wish has come true. Thank you.
    Thank you very much for your long response.

ps. I'm envious of the developers co-working like this.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac